• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevin-poole

Question about entering housing allowance from two different churches as a pastor. Should the allowances be combined and entered as one amount? I have W-2's from both.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Opus 17
Level 15

Question about entering housing allowance from two different churches as a pastor. Should the allowances be combined and entered as one amount? I have W-2's from both.

I'm not sure what will happen if you try to enter them separately.  I think one entry will erase the previous one, since there is only one field for housing allowance and it is not linked to any particular W-2.  I think it will work if you combine them onto the first W-2.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Opus 17
Level 15

I'm not sure what will happen if you try to enter them separately.  I think one entry will erase the previous one, since there is only one field for housing allowance and it is not linked to any particular W-2.  I think it will work if you combine them onto the first W-2.

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
kevin-poole

Thanks. I cleared both W-2 entries and will re-enter them combined, since it seemed like it was only taking the second one entered.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v