turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Retirement tax questions
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
or Ask a Question

Featured Topics

An investment firm's transition of investment account platforms resulted in an incorrect assignment of tax IDN for one account.
Tin Man Tom ‎Posted March 14, 2024 | Latest post 3 hours ago by fanfare
So I over contributed to my 401k/403b by a little under $200. The 401k admin has since cut me a check on the amount plus earnings. There were NO taxes withheld.My employer said they will NOT cut a w2c. How should I report this on this years taxes via... read more
99taxproblems ‎Posted 4 weeks ago | Latest post 6 hours ago by PatriciaV
Quick question about missed RMD's Elderly parent passed away Jan 2024, having taken RMD's since 2019 but not having taken RMD's for 2023 (illness) or 2024 (death). I understand that the RMD for 2024 should be taken by me, the non-eligible designated ... read more
el501 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post 8 hours ago by JulieS
Does the Virginia program take into account the reduction of taxable income due to military retirement?
windtree4 ‎Posted a week ago | Latest post 9 hours ago by DMarkM1
So I switch jobs during the year 2024. Let's say this is a break down of my contribution by end of year 2024: Company 1:Pre-tax 401k: 3,000Company match: 1,000After-tax: 40,000 Company 2:Pre-tax 401k: 20,000Company match: 10,000After-tax: 0 The limit... read more
erikaeriga ‎Posted Tuesday | Latest post 10 hours ago by dmertz
Hi, I just found out that I've been overcontributing to my roth ira for 2018, 2019 and 2020. My wife also has the same issue for 2020. We have filed as married filing jointly for all 3 years. Am I able to amend my 2019 and 2020 returns via turbotax a... read more
koei15 ‎Posted March 24, 2022 | Latest post yesterday by Nick2024
Vladimir101 ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by DMarkM1
It seems to me that this will end as taxable income and should not be since it remains in my IRA account.
deberrycw ‎Posted June 4, 2019 | Latest post yesterday by PatriciaV
I made excess Roth contributions for 2021 and 2022 (early in the next calendar year, $7000 each year), and discovered this in 2023 before filing for 2022. Before the filing deadline (as extended for California), I withdrew enough to cover both the 20... read more
SoCalRetiree ‎Posted Wednesday | Latest post yesterday by LeticiaF1
I lived in Maryland for Tax year 2022 and left the state at the end of August. Since I was there over 183 days, I filed a Resident income tax return. I previously lived and filed there 2017-2021. Ok, I reported my FULL income for the entire tax year.... read more
ja19584 ‎Posted yesterday | Latest post yesterday by Opus 17
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Top Contributors
Manage cookies