turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rigby38

Pennsylvania Paid by a 1099r from the state of delaware for a funeral bill. What is the correct box to pick on the state type code for pa for this

I got paid for a funeral bill by a 1099r from the state of delaware.  Turbo tax is asking me to pick a box of where the 1099r came from in pa.  It did not come from Pa.  what box should I check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Pennsylvania Paid by a 1099r from the state of delaware for a funeral bill. What is the correct box to pick on the state type code for pa for this

If the code in box 7, Form 1099R is a 7, 4 or a 2, then you can select the type "I'm eligible, plan's eligible (no PA tax).

If the code in box 7, Form 1099R is a 1, then you can select "Early distribution from a ret. plan" and it will appear as taxable on the PA return.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DianeW
Expert Alumni

If the code in box 7, Form 1099R is a 7, 4 or a 2, then you can select the type "I'm eligible, plan's eligible (no PA tax).

If the code in box 7, Form 1099R is a 1, then you can select "Early distribution from a ret. plan" and it will appear as taxable on the PA return.

rigby38

Diane I should have been more specific.     The code in box 7  is a 4 (death)  does this change what I should pick?
DianeW
Expert Alumni

@rigby38 No, it doesn't change what you should pick, that is included in the answer above to select "I'm eligible, plan is eligible (no PA tax). If you have a business (as indicated in your other question) include the amount on your business form as income.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies