turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JonA2

Paying Employee Social Security

I employ a domestic; she earned $6,440.00 in 2023 from me.  I did not with hold any SS from her pay and plan to pay both parts.  I used the Home & Business version of TurboTax.  I produced a W-2 and submitted it on time.  

Q1:  is the domestic's SS payment included in my personal tax calculations?  (if I am to receive a refund, does that mean the domestic's  SS payment has been taken care of thru my taxes?)

Q2:  if I need to pay SS for her and want to pay both her part and mine, how do I calculate that payment and how do I make the actual payment to the SSA?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Paying Employee Social Security

You need to file Schedule H - Household Employment Taxes.  The amount of Social Security, Medicare, Federal Unemployment tax, and any federal tax withholding you made will be added to your personal tax owed.  You will also need to file and pay unemployment tax with your state's department of labor, and pay any state tax withheld to your state's department of revenue.  For more information see the following TurboTax Help article:  What Is Schedule H: Household Employment Taxes  Also see the IRS Instructions for Schedule H

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies