Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Need help fixing There is an error on Form 540, Line 71 (CA Withholding) must equal the total amounts withheld by California on all W-2, W-2G,1099-R forms and Other

TT ran through the return and claimed there is an error on the state form for CA due to firm 540 line 71. The amount in line 71 matches the sum of all my withholdings entered.  The only difference on the Tax Paymt Wks from what is on the W2 is the community property adjustment.

Filing MFS for student loan purposes, so easy access to both returns if more information is needed.  Interestingly, my spouses return did not push the same error despite the same information.  Only difference I saw was that he originally was owed a refund that that is still the case, vs mine started as a payment and now is a small refund.

EDIT: So that error seems to have been fixed by going through the CA other income section and manually hitting NO to any 592B or 593 forms, but now it says it is EFILE ineligible because I ahve a source other than Forms W2, W2G, 1099R, 1099G, 1099INT, 1099DIV, 1099B, 1099MISC, 592B and 593.  But the only withholding adjustment is my Community Income Adjustment...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies