malik1

My wife worked as an independent contractor for a client that closed down due to COVID. They haven't sent her the 1099 and unreachable. What should we do?

ThomasM125

Even if you didn't receive a form 1099-NEC reporting your income, you need to enter it on your tax return. You should use the following menu tabs in TurboTax to record the income:

1. Income and expenses
  2. Self-employment income and expenses

Set up your company if you haven't done so already, or edit a company you have already set up. Then click on Add Income and choose the option Other self-employment income and enter a description for the income and the income amount.

malik1

Thank you. Will report that. They didn't paid her full service. Will report what she got paid.