turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rgriffin1

My wife has a 1099R also. Should that be entered under the same section (IRA, 401K, Pension plans etc.) as mine?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

My wife has a 1099R also. Should that be entered under the same section (IRA, 401K, Pension plans etc.) as mine?

Yes. You should see to +Add another 1099-R. After you click that, you will be asked to choose your bank or brokerage. If you import, it should assign the form to the correct spouse on the return. However, if you enter the data yourself, the next screen will show Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have. This screen will allow you to select which spouse received the form.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MollsBBU

Yes. You should see to +Add another 1099-R. After you click that, you will be asked to choose your bank or brokerage. If you import, it should assign the form to the correct spouse on the return. However, if you enter the data yourself, the next screen will show Tell Us Which 1099-R You Have. This screen will allow you to select which spouse received the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies