Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My state taxes has to be a mistake. My total Ky withholding was 4563 and it has me getting back 6500. The KW-2 form is listed twice. I wonder if it's doubling statetax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

My state taxes has to be a mistake. My total Ky withholding was 4563 and it has me getting back 6500. The KW-2 form is listed twice. I wonder if it's doubling statetax

Double-check your W2 entry screens to make sure you haven't double-entered anything.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did, the state portion has two KW-2 forms.  It won't let me delete one of them.  I am afraid that is the problem but the turbo tax program won't let me delete the form.
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Check on the W2 screen, on the Federal side of the program, and see if you entered 2 state lines for KY instead of a state line and a local tax line.
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

We can't see your screen in this public forum, but that kind of an entry could produce what you are seeing.

I checked all three W-2's and both 1099's and none had an extra line for KY state
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Try contacting customer service:  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041</a>.  Unfortunately, we can't see your screen to see what is carrying over incorrectly.  I know that you have an erroneous calculation, because KY does not have refundable credits:  you can't get back more than you paid in.  But you may need another set of eyes, and hopefully someone in customer service will be able to assist.
sdotleone1
Returning Member

Go to Tax Tools>Tools>Delete a form Delete the schedule Kw2 (copy 1) form out this will resolve the duplication!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies