Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jrmerceer

My ssa form 1099 doesn't show a part c, yet i do pay a significant amount on my part g deductiable, how does that fit on this format?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

My ssa form 1099 doesn't show a part c, yet i do pay a significant amount on my part g deductiable, how does that fit on this format?

I believe you are referring to health insurance premiums. You can enter Medicare part B, C, and D when you enter your Form SSA-1099 reporting social security income in TurboTax. If you have other health insurance premiums, you can enter them in the Deductions and Credits section, then Medical, then Medical Expenses. They will appear on schedule A as itemized deductions along with your Medicare premiums you enter in the social security income entry screen. Medical expenses are itemized deductions that are only deductible on your federal tax return to the extend they exceed 7.5% of your adjusted  gross income. Itemized deductions will not benefit you on your federal return if your standard deduction is more. They may benefit you on your state return though.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies