Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My Retirement Savings Contributions Credit is 0% of my contribution. All recommendations of falsely claiming that I was a student DOES effect my taxes. Other suggestions?

I went based on the recommendations of TurboTax professionals and the selection of being a full-time student while working profoundly effected my Federal Tax return in an attempt to bypass the Retirement Savings Contribution Credit. And I want to bypass it because my income and retirement fund gets me zero percent of a credit. So why should I have to upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe when I'm not benefiting from a tax credit? Please help.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

My Retirement Savings Contributions Credit is 0% of my contribution. All recommendations of falsely claiming that I was a student DOES effect my taxes. Other suggestions?

If your credit for this is calculated to be 0%, TurboTax will not include Form 8880 and there will be no need to upgrade.  If in the Retirement Savings Contributions Credit section (not elsewhere in TurboTax) claiming that you are a full-time student changes your tax liability, it seems that you are mistaken that you do not qualify for the credit.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies