Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ccummin27

My IRA distribution for 2023 was divided among four charitable organizations. Distribution code 7 on my 1099R does not fit this situation. What code should I use?

My IRA distribution for 2023 was  divided among four charitable organizations. Distribution code 7 on my 1099R does not fit this situation. What code should I use?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

My IRA distribution for 2023 was divided among four charitable organizations. Distribution code 7 on my 1099R does not fit this situation. What code should I use?

Code 7 is correct.

When you enter the Form 1099-R and you were age 70½ or over in 2023, 2023 TurboTax online will ask, "Do any of these situations apply?"  One of the checkboxes will be to indicate that you had money transferred directly to charity.  After marking this checkbox, TurboTax will ask you to enter the total amount that was transferred to charity.  TurboTax will include the enter on Form 1040 line 4a the total gross distribution but will exclude from line 4b with the QCD notation the amount that you indicate was transferred to charity.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies