Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jyrobi

My agency repaid all my expense , but include them in my 1099 . 100% was the responsibility of the client . schedule C will repaid only part of it . Is my agency wrong ?

I did a job away from home . The client was responsible to pay for everything . I submit my receipts to my agency.They invoiced the client. The client paid the agency for everything & my agency send me a cheque . But my agency included the total amount of the expenses on my 1099 . 100% was the responsibility of the client to pay for all the expenses  .My agency told me to field  a schedule C , But this will repaid only part of it { as the meal alone can only be deduct at 50% }. Is my agency  wrong to include those expense in my total of my 1099 ?... Can we see this in some article so I could forward for them to read it , therefore they could send me a corrected 1099 . Thank you and all the best 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NancyG

My agency repaid all my expense , but include them in my 1099 . 100% was the responsibility of the client . schedule C will repaid only part of it . Is my agency wrong ?

There is no need to contact your employer. You are able to deduct 100% of meal and entertainment expenses in your situation.

Specific instructions for your individual business:

• After you have completed the preliminary set of questions for your business in TurboTax, you'll come to a summary type screen titled "Your Business"

Here's how to enter the meals expenses you had the directly resulted in the income you received:

• Under Business Expenses
  • Click start/update across from Other Common Business Expenses
  • Scroll down to Meals and Entertainment
  • Click start/update across from Meals and Entertainment 100% Limit
  • Enter an accurate description for your situation. Perhaps something like - Reimbursed Meals
    • You need to make it clear that the meals expenses were a reimbursed which is the income that you received. This distinction is important since the majority of business meals are only 50% deductible.

Because you are reimbursed for meals and have to provide receipts to your Client (through your employer), your meals are 100% deductible. You can either enter the expenses as described above or as part of “Other Expenses” with the description of Reimbursed Meals. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NancyG

There is no need to contact your employer. You are able to deduct 100% of meal and entertainment expenses in your situation.

Specific instructions for your individual business:

• After you have completed the preliminary set of questions for your business in TurboTax, you'll come to a summary type screen titled "Your Business"

Here's how to enter the meals expenses you had the directly resulted in the income you received:

• Under Business Expenses
  • Click start/update across from Other Common Business Expenses
  • Scroll down to Meals and Entertainment
  • Click start/update across from Meals and Entertainment 100% Limit
  • Enter an accurate description for your situation. Perhaps something like - Reimbursed Meals
    • You need to make it clear that the meals expenses were a reimbursed which is the income that you received. This distinction is important since the majority of business meals are only 50% deductible.

Because you are reimbursed for meals and have to provide receipts to your Client (through your employer), your meals are 100% deductible. You can either enter the expenses as described above or as part of “Other Expenses” with the description of Reimbursed Meals. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies