Is my 1099-R wrong? Gross Dist was $1599.26. Box 4 shows 479.77 Fed. withheld = (30%). Box 12 / State Withheld is blank . I though it was 20% Fed and 10% State?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dmertz

The Form 1099-R indicates that the financial institution withheld 30% federal and 0% state.  If you intended for 20% to be withheld for federal taxes and 10% to be withheld for state taxes, either the financial institution did not do as you intended (most likely) or the Form 1099-R was prepared incorrectly (less likely).  You'll need to sort that out with the financial institution.

dmertz