Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

IRA Contributions Worksheet Error?

In TT 2023, the information from our TT 2022 IRA Contributions Worksheet did not get tranferred fully.  In the taxpayer column, my "Traditional IRA Basis Detail" is blank, while it was populated in TT 2022.  On the TT 2023 worksheet, it is blank.  The spouse column is fine.  I am RMD "eligible" next year, so I don't want to get this screwed up.    

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

IRA Contributions Worksheet Error?

I believe that you are referring to the IRA Information Worksheet, not the IRA Contribution Worksheet.  Nothing on the IRA Contributions Worksheet except for excess contributions eligible to be treated as current-year contributions  comes from the prior year.

What you are seeing is usually caused by inadvertently answering No when asked if you have basis from prior years, causing TurboTax to silently deleted your basis.  You can try simply restoring your basis information by entering it.

Since you appear to be are using the CD/download version of TurboTax, I suggest doing a test. Start a new tax return, transfer in your 2022 tax return, then immediately examine the IRA Information Worksheet.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies