Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nearing70
Returning Member

I need tax software that lets me do some what-ifs regarding things like early withdrawals from IRA vs selling stocks . I don't like this online format. Alternatives?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need tax software that lets me do some what-ifs regarding things like early withdrawals from IRA vs selling stocks . I don't like this online format. Alternatives?

The Turbotax desktop CD/Download versions allow you to prepare as many Federal returns as you want, including doing them on an as-if basis.  You can purchase these at:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The Turbotax desktop CD/Download versions allow you to prepare as many Federal returns as you want, including doing them on an as-if basis.  You can purchase these at:  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

dmertz
Level 15

In addition to allowing you to prepare separate tax files for different scenarios, the CD/Download version has a What-If Worksheet accessible in Forms mode that allows you to copy from one scenario to another and make separate modifications to each scenario.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies