anthony-severino

In 2017, I did not work or receive any taxable income. I received money from my Post 9/11 GI Bill; but that money should not be reported on my taxes. Should I even file?

MichaelL1

You would not need to file a return for 2017 if only money was the GI Bill.

Are my Post 911 GI Bill Benefits taxable?

The short answer is no, these benefits are NOT taxable and should NOT be reported on your tax return as income. ... “Payments you receive for education, training, or subsistence under any law administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are tax free.”

MichaelL1