vikram76

In 2016 paid my muscle therapist for chronic muscle condition treatment. does amount belong in the field labeled "chronic care" or under "payments to therapist"?

after submission, I realized that last year, I entered the same amount for the previous year but under the "payment to doctors and therapists" section.  this year I entered the amount in the " treatment of chronic condition" section.  I have letters from my doctors stating the muscle therapy is necessary for my condition.

PatriciaV

Yes, you may enter your medical expenses in any category. While TurboTax splits out these expenses for your convenience, Schedule A (Itemized Deductions) has only one line for Medical Expenses. Just be sure you don't enter any expense twice and don't include any expenses that were reimbursed.

PatriciaV