Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

afancycat

If I have code bb in box 12 (Roth 403b), is this for informational purposes only or does it impact my return?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If I have code bb in box 12 (Roth 403b), is this for informational purposes only or does it impact my return?

Its end up often only being for informational purposes but it can impact your return in certain scenarios.  You could be eligible for a Retirement Savings Contribution Credit based on the amount of your 403b contribution.  The program pulls the information from box 12 for this purpose.  Its also used to ensure that you haven't overcontributed to your plans.  

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Its end up often only being for informational purposes but it can impact your return in certain scenarios.  You could be eligible for a Retirement Savings Contribution Credit based on the amount of your 403b contribution.  The program pulls the information from box 12 for this purpose.  Its also used to ensure that you haven't overcontributed to your plans.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies