turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I have a tax breakdown showing 19,750 total income, 14,827 deductions, 4923 taxable income, and blended tax rate 66.7% owing 3284? How is this possible?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DanaB27
Expert Alumni

If I have a tax breakdown showing 19,750 total income, 14,827 deductions, 4923 taxable income, and blended tax rate 66.7% owing 3284? How is this possible?

Did you have any self-employment income? Then you will also have to pay a Self-employment tax (SE) which you can find on Schedule 2 line 4 on top of the regular income tax. The SE tax rate is 15.3% with 12.4% for Social Security and 2.9% for Medicare.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did freelance work through my single person Arizona LLC. I am not sure what that counts as for tax purposes. 

dmertz
Level 15

You federal tax liability is $2,791 of self-employment tax and $493 of income tax.  Self-employment tax is calculated on your self-employment income without any regard for income-tax deductions.

Ok thank you. I have no idea how I am going to pay that amount especially with things as they are. Anyway, thanks for the answers. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies