weston2

If I don't make any income and am a single parent, but my son receives a social security check until he is no longer a student,does he provide more than 1/2 of his income

This is the only income we use for living expenses.  He is 19 and a full time student.  Would he be considered a dependent?
JamesG1

It sounds like neither you or your son have been required to file a state or Federal tax return for 2018 or 2019.  In the eyes of the IRS your son is not a dependent if he is not claimed as a dependent on a Federal tax return.

You will receive a stimulus check if you:

• Have a Social Security number.
  • Have filed taxes in 2018 or 2019, or don't earn enough to file but receive Social Security payments.
  • Earned less than $99,000 for single filers, $136,500 for heads of household, or $198,000 for married filers according to the most recent tax return filed.
  • Are not claimed by someone else as a dependent.
fanfare

he doesn't provide half of his own support because Social security doesn't count.

As long as he is under 24 and a student at the end of the tax year, he is your qualifying child.