jmdy7539

I withrdrew $6000 from Roth IRA in 2016. This was converted from traditional to Roth in 2000 or 2001. I need to enter net conversions 2016 and prior.

I dont have records that far back.  I do not know what number to use.
DanaB27

To clarify, are you are taking a Roth distribution this year and you made conversions prior to 2017 but you don't have any records (tax returns, old bank records)?

Are you under 59 1/2? If you are over 59 1/2 then you do not have to worry about this information because your distribution would be a Qualified Distributions and therefor not taxable. The information is only important if you are under 59 1/2 to calculate your basis in the Roth IRA since only earnings will be taxable when it is an early distribution.