turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

trembito

I was 63 when retired in july 2020 and started benefits on august/ the special rule applyies for me and my wife applying jointly but intuit software does not include it

i was 63 when retired in july 2020 and started benefits on august/ the special rule applyies for me and my wife applying jointly but intuit software does not include it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I was 63 when retired in july 2020 and started benefits on august/ the special rule applyies for me and my wife applying jointly but intuit software does not include it

What "special rule"?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
trembito

Sometimes people younger than full retirement age retire in the middle of the year and have already earned more than the yearly earnings limit. There is a special rule that applies to earnings for one year, usually the first year of retirement. Under this rule, you can get a full Social Security benefit for any whole month you are retired, regardless of your yearly earnings." See the SSA website.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies