Solved: I understand my Teacher retirement in Missouri is not taxed by the state but I don't see where it was exempted. Where is that?

djtrewhitt

I understand my Teacher retirement in Missouri is not taxed by the state but I don't see where it was exempted. Where is that?

LindaA

After you enter the information from the Form 1099-R that reports the distribution from your teacher pension, continue through the tax interview. TurboTax will ask Where Is This Distribution From? Select Public Pension received from a federal, state, or local government. (Click the first screenshot below for reference.)

When you are in the Missouri state tax interview (several screens in), you'll come to a section for Missouri Pension and Retirement Adjustment. You'll see that TurboTax has automatically calculated the pension deduction for you. (Click screenshots 2-5 below for reference.)

For more information, please click this link: Am I eligible for a MO pension exemption?

LindaA

BJRP15

Thanks, exactly what I needed!