kaylamay31

I trans my 401k to a Rollover IRA. After I entered the info it asked if I did a rollover to a 401(k), 403(b), or a Roth IRA. How do I enter I trans to a traditional, R/O?

ChristinaS

You say No to the Roth IRA/ 401k questions......

Is the code on the 1099-R a Code G? If so, it already knows that the money went to a Traditional IRA (or to another non-Roth 401(k)) once you've said No to the Roth questions. Its not necessary to indicate that it went from a pre-tax to a pre-tax account, as its a given.

kaylamay31

After I entered the info from my 1099r, Turbotax asked if I did a rollover to a 401(k), 403(b), or a ROTH IRA. It didn't ask if I trans to a traditional/rollover IRA which is what I did...
ChristinaS

kaylamay31

Thank you!!
ChristinaS

No problem!