Solved: I took out money from my roth and TT said I need a 8606 from the irs not sure why ?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I took out money from my roth and TT said I need a 8606 from the irs not sure why ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

I took out money from my roth and TT said I need a 8606 from the irs not sure why ?

Any distribution that you receive that is not a qualified distribution is required to be reported on Form 8606 Part III to calculate the taxable amount of the distribution.

To be a qualified distribution, on the date of the distribution you are required to have met both of the following requirements:

1. You are age 59½ or older at the time of the distribution, and
  2. The distribution is made more than 5 years after the beginning of the year for which you first made a Roth IRA contribution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

Any distribution that you receive that is not a qualified distribution is required to be reported on Form 8606 Part III to calculate the taxable amount of the distribution.

To be a qualified distribution, on the date of the distribution you are required to have met both of the following requirements:

1. You are age 59½ or older at the time of the distribution, and
  2. The distribution is made more than 5 years after the beginning of the year for which you first made a Roth IRA contribution.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings