turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I took a withdrawal from my 403B when I left my KY employer. It was disbursed to me in KY, before I moved to MO. Should I be taxed on this income by both states?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I took a withdrawal from my 403B when I left my KY employer. It was disbursed to me in KY, before I moved to MO. Should I be taxed on this income by both states?

If you are filing 2 part year returns then it is only taxed to the state when you received the distribution. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you are filing 2 part year returns then it is only taxed to the state when you received the distribution. 

That's what I thought, but my Missouri tax due jumped way up too.  Not sure how to remedy this.  Thank you!

Ok ... LOOK at the MO return carefully ... some states use your total annual income to compute the tax rate and then prorates it. 

So helpful!  Thanks so much!  🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies