I received a Proceeds From Broker & Barter Exchange Transaction 1099-B from Arizona for unclaimed funds. The only info listed is 1a-1b-1d do I have to claim this form?

corey879

I didn't know about the funds but from reading it was a transfer from when I was in the military over 10 years ago.
TomYoung

"do I have to claim this form? "

Yes.  The IRS gets copies of all 1099-B's and will be looking for it on your income tax return.

You'll have to provide the other information - basis and date acquired - if you can.  If you can't then use a date sometime around the date you think you acquired the stock and use $0 as the basis.  As a Long Term Capital Gain it most likely will be taxed at a very low rate of 0% to 15%.

Tom Young