Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need a copy of my 1099-r worksheet, indicating if is designated the distribution as a rmd withdrawl ..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I need a copy of my 1099-r worksheet, indicating if is designated the distribution as a rmd withdrawl ..

There is nothing on a tax return or 1099-R that indicates a RMD whatsoever.

The answer to the TurboTax RMD question does not go on your tax return, it is simply to make sure you do not owe any penalty for not taking the RMD or use it for an ineligible rollover.

The question is just to be sure that the requirement was met.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302117

The 1099-R worksheet simply shows how you answered the question.  The PDF for all forms and worksheets should show that (in the bottom part of the worksheet).

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The ONLINE  system has permanently closed and is presently in transition from 2018 to 2019 versions.  

While the millions of returns are being archived the PDF download for tax year 2018 will only include the forms and schedules needed to file your tax return.  The worksheets and other pages are not included in the PDF until the 2019 online editions become available sometime in December 2019.

To access the PDF, log into the website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

dmertz
Level 15

There are actually two RMD questions in TurboTax.  The one that asks if a distribution reported on a particular Form 1099-R was an RMD and your answer is recorded on TurboTax's 1099-R form.  This answer is only used to make sure that if you also indicate that you rolled over or converted to a Roth account any of the money distributed that you rolled over or converted only the amount in excess of your RMD.  This answer is not used in any way to report on your tax return that you actually took an RMD because IRS provides no way on a tax return to report that any particular distribution is an RMD since such reporting is not required.

TurboTax asks a separate question not associated with the entry of any particular Form 1099-R about whether or not you completed your RMDs and, if you answer No, prompts you for the details needed to prepare Form 5329 Part IX.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies