therogfam

I lived in two states in 2016 and have a 1099-R for each for the same plan. Do I combine the amounts or make two 1099-R entries?

KenH1

Enter both 1099-Rs since they are pro-rated by state. This will tell the software to allocate the distribution and any taxes withheld to the correct state tax return.

When you get to the state tax section, prepare your non-resident state return before your resident state return, so that your resident state will credit you for any taxes paid to the other state.

KenH1

Are the 1099-R amounts pro-rated by state, or,  are they identical except for the state
therogfam

pro-rated by state
KenH1

therogfam

Thank you!