Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have W-2 from 2019 tax and also I have social security2019 tax. So my question do I have to input 2019 social security tax??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

I have W-2 from 2019 tax and also I have social security2019 tax. So my question do I have to input 2019 social security tax??

Yes, if you receive W-2 income and income from Social Security benefits, then you would enter both tax documents into your return.  Your Social Security benefits may be taxable depending on your filing status and the amount of your other income.  

To go to the section of the tax return to enter the Social Security income information, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “social security income” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to social security income
  • Click on the blue “Jump to social security income” link

@makeupteam04-05

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you receive W-2 income and income from Social Security benefits, then you would enter both tax documents into your return.  Your Social Security benefits may be taxable depending on your filing status and the amount of your other income.  

To go to the section of the tax return to enter the Social Security income information, use these steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “social security income” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to social security income
  • Click on the blue “Jump to social security income” link

@makeupteam04-05

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you so much for your time and help me out with the taxes. I will be getting the refund back to me. 

YAY!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies