drstrong

I have received a 1099-G for a $0.49 distribution, but TurboTax will not allow me to enter an amount under $1.00. How can I complete entering this 1099-G?

Last year I rolled a 401k over to an IRA and received a 1091-G for this transaction. Then, at year end, received a $0.49 check in the mail with a corresponding 1099-G. How can I enter this into TurboTax?

ToddL99

Enter the amount as "$1".

This will allow you to continue preparing the return, but will not affect your tax calculation, will not affect your ability to e-file and will not result in any mismatch with the IRS.

drstrong

Thank you so much for the response. I was worried about the mis-match w/ IRS.
Cheers.

ToddL99

IF the IRS included a 1009-G with $0.49 in its matching database (unlikely), your return would show the same payer and an amount equal to or greater than the $0.49.