Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

obama1130

I have mailed in my 1040 federal. I failed to include one of my 1099-R forms. What do I do now?

The information from this 1099-R is included in my filing  calculations.  I just failed to staple this particular 1099-R  to the federal return.  Is it OK to send this in a separate envelope as an addendum?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Melaine

I have mailed in my 1040 federal. I failed to include one of my 1099-R forms. What do I do now?

You can, making sure to keep a copy for yourself.  However, the IRS already have a copy of this document from the service that gave it to you.  My recommendation is to do nothing, wait to be contacted by the IRS.  If the form is needed it will be requested and you would have a direct address to send it to.  If you send it in alone, it may not get applied to your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Melaine

You can, making sure to keep a copy for yourself.  However, the IRS already have a copy of this document from the service that gave it to you.  My recommendation is to do nothing, wait to be contacted by the IRS.  If the form is needed it will be requested and you would have a direct address to send it to.  If you send it in alone, it may not get applied to your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies