turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mrs2

I have an RMD from an inherited IRA that can be offset by an allocation of Estate Taxes that have been paid. Where do I input the Estate Tax allocation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

I have an RMD from an inherited IRA that can be offset by an allocation of Estate Taxes that have been paid. Where do I input the Estate Tax allocation?

You are talking about a deduction for Income in Respect of a Decedent.  Report this as a miscellaneous deduction not subject to the 2% limit under Deductions & Credits -> Other Deductions and Credits -> Other Deductible Expenses.  Answer No to Generation Skipping taxes and Less Common Expenses (unless you have either of these for other reasons). On the Any Other Deductions page, answer Yes.  Enter the amount in the Estate Tax Deduction box.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

You are talking about a deduction for Income in Respect of a Decedent.  Report this as a miscellaneous deduction not subject to the 2% limit under Deductions & Credits -> Other Deductions and Credits -> Other Deductible Expenses.  Answer No to Generation Skipping taxes and Less Common Expenses (unless you have either of these for other reasons). On the Any Other Deductions page, answer Yes.  Enter the amount in the Estate Tax Deduction box.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies