rbartz1

I have a 401K that requires an RMD. For 2016 somehow tax was not withheld for NYS so I made an estimated payment of $4000. How do I enter this into Turbo Tax?

Will I get a form from NYS for the payment?

AmyT

You should receive Form 1099-R from the financial insitution where your 401(k) is invested.

Note:  All 1099s were required to be placed in the mail by January 31, so your may still be on the way.  If you do not receive it by February 10, please contact the financial instiution directly.

The 1099-R will show any federal or state taxes that were withheld from your distribution.  You will be able to enter this information into TurboTax when you input the rest of the information.

To enter estimated income tax payments that you have made:

• In the search box, enter "estimated tax payments"
  • Click on Jump to estimated tax payments (see screenshot below)
  • You will be taken to the screen where you can enter the payments you made during the year

AmyT