Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmroyer1

I have a 1099-B with a sale of a bond and there is data in box 1f, labeled "Accrued Market Discount", Where do I enter this value in Turbo Tax Delux?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

I have a 1099-B with a sale of a bond and there is data in box 1f, labeled "Accrued Market Discount", Where do I enter this value in Turbo Tax Delux?

Although your profile indicates you’re using TurboTax Online, this sounds like a Desktop issue.  To enter your accrued market discount from Form 1099-B in TurboTax Desktop:

1. Select PERSONAL in the banner
  2. Select Personal Income, then I'll choose what I work on
  3. Under Investment Income, select Update to the right of Stocks, Cryptocurrency, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other
  4. Select Edit to the right of the relevant income item
  5. Once you're on the Now we’ll walk you through entering your sale details screen, select the checkbox next to I have other boxes on my 1099-R to enter
  6. More fields will generate, including Box 1f - Accrued market discount.  Enter the appropriate amount and any other necessary fields, then select Continue
  7. Continue through the remaining Form 1099-B screens

If you’re using TurboTax Online:

1. Select Tax Home in the left pane
  2. On the Hi, let's keep working on your taxes! screen, select the dropdown to the right of Income & Expenses or Wages & Income
  3. Select Edit/Add to the right of Investments and Savings (1099-B, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-K, Crypto)
  4. Select the dropdown to the right of the relevant income item, then select Edit
  5. On the Now, enter one sale on your [Accrued Market Discount] 1099‑B screen, select the checkbox next to I have other boxes on my 1099-R to enter
  6. More fields will generate, including Box 1f - Accrued market discount.  Enter the appropriate amount and any other necessary fields, then select Continue
  7. Continue through the remaining Form 1099-B screens
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies