saf0219

I had to take an early withdrawal from my 401K due to COVID. Any idea when the IRS will release the instructions on removing the penalty? I had state and federal taxes withheld, but it’s still sh

ColeenD3

Unfortunately, no. The IRS has not released that information yet. You can keep up to date by checking on this LINK.

In their latest update for professional tax preparers, the IRS indicates that form 8915 Dash she will be available on February 18. You should expect that it will take TurboTax 1 to 2 weeks extra to program and release the form. Unfortunately, the IRS also indicates that tax returns containing this form can’t be e-filed.  The IRS forecast is subject to change without notice.