Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nicolekh1

I had my first contracting job, I'm trying to fill out a 1099-NEC but it won't allow me to put $0 for Federal income tax withheld- where do I put this information?

Not sure if I'm adding the 1099-NEC in the correct area on Turbotax, I'm assuming this wouldn't be within self employment since it was a company who hired me. Also is there an area where I can get mileage write offs for a contractor job?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I had my first contracting job, I'm trying to fill out a 1099-NEC but it won't allow me to put $0 for Federal income tax withheld- where do I put this information?

Try leaving blank.  (May have to delete and create new). 
Mileage for employment entered in Deductions & Credits > Employment Expenses.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

If you were a contractor prior to being an employee the amount reported on your 10999-NEC is considered self-employment income.

For more guidance on entering your 1099-NEC see How do I report income from self-employment?.

For other business expenses you may be able to deduct see What self-employed expenses can I deduct?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies