Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

salohse56

I filed my fed and state taxes already and then I recieved a 1099r from RBC direct rollover got a check it went into another comanys IRA. I wil file a amended fed return

I amended  turbo tax adding the 1099r then it asks if it went t o another IRA, yes ok doesnt change my income but do I have show any thing on the addition to the other IRA on turbo tax? Or does IRS just take my word for it?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

I filed my fed and state taxes already and then I recieved a 1099r from RBC direct rollover got a check it went into another comanys IRA. I wil file a amended fed return

No, as far as reporting it on your tax return through TurboTax, answering the question about whether it was rolled over into another IRA is sufficient.

Behind the scenes, the IRS will be notified by the financial institution that received the funds that there is an account with your name, along with the amount deposited.  If that notification does not take place for some reason, then you would be contacted by the IRS for further information regarding the rollover. 

Additionally, if the distribution code on the Form 1099-R indicated a direct rollover (code G or H), that is another confirmation that the rollover was completed since it was done from one institution to another.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

No, as far as reporting it on your tax return through TurboTax, answering the question about whether it was rolled over into another IRA is sufficient.

Behind the scenes, the IRS will be notified by the financial institution that received the funds that there is an account with your name, along with the amount deposited.  If that notification does not take place for some reason, then you would be contacted by the IRS for further information regarding the rollover. 

Additionally, if the distribution code on the Form 1099-R indicated a direct rollover (code G or H), that is another confirmation that the rollover was completed since it was done from one institution to another.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies