rtw101

I dont get money from my retirement plan but I put money in each paycheck. Would I have to put that in the box where it asks me if I got any income from retirement

MarilynG1

No, you don't have to report any Retirement Income until you actually start taking it out of your Retirement Account.

Good for you that you are making payroll contributions to your Retirement!

Ok ... you make CONTRIBUTIONS to the retirement plan thru payroll deductions which will be reported on the W-2 box 12.   If you did not take any DISTRIBUTIONS from the retirement account then you have NOTHING to report on the tax return at all.  

MarilynG1