Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn't get a 1099-C, and yet on previewing my 1040 I see that Schedule 1, line 21, shows $1295 for "Cancelled Debt". Why?

I'm getting ready to submit. I look at my personal income summary in TurboTax and it shows $0 for cancelled debt on 1099-C, but when I review my printed version of 1040 etc., I see $1295 for "Cancelled Debt" on Schedule 1 line 21 and it's included in 1040 Line 6. Why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieR
Expert Alumni

I didn't get a 1099-C, and yet on previewing my 1040 I see that Schedule 1, line 21, shows $1295 for "Cancelled Debt". Why?

Switch to the Forms view (Ctrl+2) and double click on Schedule 1 in the forms list to open the form. Then click on line 21, which will open another screen where you again click on line 21 which opens the "Other Income Statement". Scroll down to line number 15 - Income from the Cancellation of Debt. You can delete the amount from there.  

Since there was an amount there, however, you'll want to check to see if you have a source document listing the $1295 amount on it in the event it was just entered in an incorrect field.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieR
Expert Alumni

Switch to the Forms view (Ctrl+2) and double click on Schedule 1 in the forms list to open the form. Then click on line 21, which will open another screen where you again click on line 21 which opens the "Other Income Statement". Scroll down to line number 15 - Income from the Cancellation of Debt. You can delete the amount from there.  

Since there was an amount there, however, you'll want to check to see if you have a source document listing the $1295 amount on it in the event it was just entered in an incorrect field.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies