Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If I declared income I didn't actually receive, do I need to declare the full amount when I did or just what I haven't already declared before?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

If I declared income I didn't actually receive, do I need to declare the full amount when I did or just what I haven't already declared before?

You declared that income for 2017?

I declared 75% of what I received over the last couple of years. Only 25% is new income I had not previously declared before.

In other words, I didn't realize they hadn't paid me and declared what they would have, and then they paid me a lump sum in 2018 including what I was due for that year.

Assuming you operate on a cash basis you report income when it is received.  If you reported income on past returns that you didn’t receive you should amend those returns and report for 2018 what you received in 2018. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies