Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I converted $10k from a Traditional IRA to a Roth in 2023. On my Alabama Schedule RS , it shows the $10k distribution but shows $20K taxable. I see no way to fix this.

The 1099-R shows $10k on Line1 and 2a with Line 7 Distribution code
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I converted $10k from a Traditional IRA to a Roth in 2023. On my Alabama Schedule RS , it shows the $10k distribution but shows $20K taxable. I see no way to fix this.

To look at this in detail and to report a possible product defect, we would like to see a diagnostic copy of your return. The information in this file is a sanitized copy meaning there is no personal information, only numbers so that we can troubleshoot in depth, check for calculation issues, and to see how certain items are applied. 

Here is how to order. 

For Turbo Tax online, go to tax tools>tools>share my file with agent.  When this is selected, you will receive a token number.  Respond back in this thread and tell us what that token number is. 

If you use the desktop version, go to the black stripe at the top of the program, click on online, and then select send tax file to agent. Let us know what the token number is.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies