tomdooley1943

I completed my return but did not submit yet. i received a nother 1099R yesterday. can i go back and add it?

can i add another 1099R to my return in turbo tax/
martiansoldier

Typically if you haven't submitted it, you can go back and edit it. If I am not wrong, you can also amend the return after you have submitted it.

AlanT222

Yes, you can go back and add it.  

Here's how to enter your 1099-R in TurboTax:

1. Open (continue) return if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for 1099-R and select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes on the Did you get a 1099-R? screen.
    • If you land on the Your 1099-R Entries screen instead, select Add Another 1099-R.
  4. Select which option matches your form and Continue.
  5. You can import your form directly from your financial institution by searching or selecting yours from one of the options on the screen. You'll be prompted to enter your financial institution account information, and TurboTax will directly import your forms.
    • If you prefer to type it in yourself, select Change how I enter my form and continue through.

You can add up to 20 1099-Rs.