Solved: I claim my mother in law as a dependent. She has no income other than social security. She does not file. Do I need to include her social security in our income?
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I claim my mother in law as a dependent. She has no income other than social security. She does not file. Do I need to include her social security in our income?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 2

I claim my mother in law as a dependent. She has no income other than social security. She does not file. Do I need to include her social security in our income?

No, you do not need to include your mother-in-law's social security income in your taxes.  Since she did not receive other income besides the social security, she is not required to file her own taxes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 2

No, you do not need to include your mother-in-law's social security income in your taxes.  Since she did not receive other income besides the social security, she is not required to file her own taxes.

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings