Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I changed my roth iras contribution but my retirement savings credit still reflects the old amount. Any way to get this to change?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

I changed my roth iras contribution but my retirement savings credit still reflects the old amount. Any way to get this to change?

The credit is based on your income and contributions to all retirement savings, including work. See Retirement Savings Contributions Savers Credit. Once you determine if your credit is correct based on everything you saved,  there could be  a problem with one of the forms not being available for filing yet. Please check forms availability here. Select online, Windows, or Macintosh from the drop down menu. Whenever the federal and states change a form, we have to as well. This happens throughout tax season.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dmertz
Level 15

The credit is calculated only on the individual's first $2,000 of applicable retirement contributions.  Contributing beyond that won't increase the credit.  The credit cannot be used to reduce your income tax below zero.  The credit cannot be applied to other taxes such as self-employment tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies