Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bevnbarry

I am self-employed and receive a K-1. Where do I enter my Simple IRA contributions made between Jan 1, 2017 and April 15, 2017 for tax year 2016?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I am self-employed and receive a K-1. Where do I enter my Simple IRA contributions made between Jan 1, 2017 and April 15, 2017 for tax year 2016?

To enter SIMPLE IRA contributions for your employees, please follow these steps:

• When you are in your return, type simple ira contributions in the Find box at the top right of your screen.
    OR
  1. Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income > I’ll choose what I work on
  2. In the Business Items section, click on the Start/Update box next to Business Deductions and Credits. 
  3. On the Business Deductions and Credits screen, click on the Start/Update box next to Self-employed retirement plans.  
  4. On the Self-Employed Retirement Plans screen, click the No box (for individual or Roth 401k plans).
  5. On the next screen, Keogh, SEP and SIMPLE Contributions, click the Yes box.
  6. Continue through the screens.  You will be asked to enter your contributions as well as the matching contributions.

[Edited | 4/9/2020 |  10:27am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

To enter SIMPLE IRA contributions for your employees, please follow these steps:

• When you are in your return, type simple ira contributions in the Find box at the top right of your screen.
    OR
  1. Click on Federal Taxes > Wages & Income > I’ll choose what I work on
  2. In the Business Items section, click on the Start/Update box next to Business Deductions and Credits. 
  3. On the Business Deductions and Credits screen, click on the Start/Update box next to Self-employed retirement plans.  
  4. On the Self-Employed Retirement Plans screen, click the No box (for individual or Roth 401k plans).
  5. On the next screen, Keogh, SEP and SIMPLE Contributions, click the Yes box.
  6. Continue through the screens.  You will be asked to enter your contributions as well as the matching contributions.

[Edited | 4/9/2020 |  10:27am PDT]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies