turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am disabled and married. We always do a joint return. I got a lump sum from disability, but Turbo Tax did not tell me to check some box. Now, I have to pay back several thousands of dollars. I signe

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I am disabled and married. We always do a joint return. I got a lump sum from disability, but Turbo Tax did not tell me to check some box. Now, I have to pay back several thousands of dollars. I signe

@ Kevinbarbara007 

Your question was cut off because you tried to put everything in the title line, which has limited space.

There was a "details" box underneath it with plenty of room, but you may not have seen it.

Please provide the additional information missing from your question.  This is a public Internet forum--a user community forum--so don't provide any personal information here.

I just noticed you have a duplicate thread started.   In your duplicate question you wrote:  "nobody would help. They keep giving me the runaround."

Who are "they?"    Who all have you talked to about this issue?

You appear to be using Live Deluxe which has live tax help from a CPA/EA, for which you have paid extra.  That feature also includes a review of your return prior to filing.  Did you take advantage of that service to have your return reviewed by the expert before filing?

Have you tried to reach a live CPA/EA expert at TurboTax Support in regards to the current issue you are having?  We can tell you how to reach them.

Did you get a letter from the IRS?   What tax year does this concern--the current 2019 return or an earlier return?

Did you purchase the optional Audit Defense product?   If so, we can tell you how to reach the folks who provide that product for help with your IRS letter.   If you did not purchase Audit Defense, we can tell you how to speak to the folks at TurboTax free Audit Support Center for help with an IRS issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies