turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am contracted witches I get 1099 and I have multiple years to file what should I do

I do work for Uber they give me 1099 I have a multiple years to file what should I do
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

I am contracted witches I get 1099 and I have multiple years to file what should I do

You need to prepare a tax return reporting self-employment income for each tax year you have not filed.

Because you are self-employed, you will need a version of TurboTax that will prepare a Schedule C tax return with deductions, generally TurboTax Home and Business.  For years prior to 2019, you will need a Download/CD version of TurboTax.  You should prepare the earliest tax year first, and then the software for the next year will "pick up" your information from the previous year's tax file.

Previous year's TurboTax versions are available from TurboTax at this link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

You need to prepare a tax return reporting self-employment income for each tax year you have not filed.

Because you are self-employed, you will need a version of TurboTax that will prepare a Schedule C tax return with deductions, generally TurboTax Home and Business.  For years prior to 2019, you will need a Download/CD version of TurboTax.  You should prepare the earliest tax year first, and then the software for the next year will "pick up" your information from the previous year's tax file.

Previous year's TurboTax versions are available from TurboTax at this link.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies