turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to make a 1099-R basis adjustment within TurboTax? All distribution was rolled into a qualifying plan, but TurboTax is showing my basis as $0. It won't let me change.

Looking for info on how to manually override this within TurboTax, it is showing a 110k rollover as Pennsylvania income and saying I owe.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

How to make a 1099-R basis adjustment within TurboTax? All distribution was rolled into a qualifying plan, but TurboTax is showing my basis as $0. It won't let me change.

I will page @dmertz. Check back here later.

dmertz
Level 15

I don't have an answer.

If you use Code "G" on a 1099-R, the state program should not tax your rollover.

@andrew0072 

I used code G, per the 1099, and it's taxing it at the state level. The message I received within TurboTax said I needed to adjust the basis.

File your Federal 1040 only.

Delete the 1099-R code G before filing state tax return.

@andrew0072 

Ok, thanks for the advice. If I file 1040 and then delete code G, will is ask me if it's a rollover at the state level at that point to remove the taxable income?

To be clear , delete the entire 1099-R from list of documents, not just the code.

@andrew0072 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies