Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msvoysky
Returning Member

How to answer turbotax question for IRC125 entry, box 14 (federal taxes) : Was the amount above deducted or deferred from your salary under a flexible benefits program?

I do not understand how to determine if amount in the box 14 deducted or deferred.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How to answer turbotax question for IRC125 entry, box 14 (federal taxes) : Was the amount above deducted or deferred from your salary under a flexible benefits program?

The answer is "yes". "IRC 125" means Internal Revenue Code Section 125, which authorizes "cafeteria plans" (called "a flexible benefits program" in the screenshot) to enable pre-tax deductions for health insurance and certain other benefits; most employers of any size have them, including cities much smaller than NYC.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

The answer is "yes". "IRC 125" means Internal Revenue Code Section 125, which authorizes "cafeteria plans" (called "a flexible benefits program" in the screenshot) to enable pre-tax deductions for health insurance and certain other benefits; most employers of any size have them, including cities much smaller than NYC.

msvoysky
Returning Member

RBBrittain, Thank you for your answer, the way to enter my response there looked like a catch for me.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies